- Habitat: found in prairies, open woodlands, savannahs and other open habitats.
- Native/Non-native:Native to eastern North America
- Also known as Sky Blue Aster.
- Flowers bloom from September to October
- Like many asters in the symphyotrichum family ,the flowers attract many early fall insects such as bees, wasps, flies, skippers, mothes, and beetles.
Azure Aster (Symphyotrichum oolentangiense)
Scroll down to view photographs - Use the Go Back Arrow on your browser to return to Wildflower Index